I haven't had a blog in quite some time. (But, hey, they're free, and we're in a recession.) I'm planning to use this to chronicle my journey as a first-time adult dog owner, and hopefully share my story with a few people. While rescuing Mia from Forsyth County Animal Control was probably the best thing I've ever done, it has also been the most difficult. My apartment, and everything in it, has gone to complete crap (more about that in a later post). Every day with my gorgeous pup is a learning experience, and I'm trying really hard to appreciate each lesson she teaches me (although, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to learn from a chewed-up pair of shoes).
Mia - aka Mishka - is only "about a year old" and I only got her myself about 3 months ago. She's a beautiful Siberian Husky, and let's be honest, I never get tired of all the attention she attracts.
![]() | ||
| I don't think she gets tired of the attention, either. |
I've got a few cards stacked against me in this fight to raise her correctly. Firstly, training her would have been miles easier if she were younger. Secondly, she's my first dog as an adult. And thirdly, since she's a husky, she's got all these crazy breed traits to deal with (digging, escaping, howling, chewing, running... you get the picture). But luckily, I'm up for the challenge. So stay tuned for the antics :-)
![]() |
| Antics. |
Starr
PS: I'm really into Douglas Adams right now, hence all the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy references.


No comments:
Post a Comment